NSF Check Collections
In the event your customers’ paper or electronic check is returned for non-sufficient funds, we can become your full service collection agency. Our collection recovery rates are unsurpassed in the industry. We can actually make non-sufficient funds items a profit center for your business.
We will return 100% face value of all NSF checks collected. Plus $5.00 of the $20.00 collected service fee, if the checks come direct from the bank. Plus $10.00 of the second $20.00 collection fee, where applicable by state. Plus you get 100% treble damages on each check collected through litigation where applicable by state.
Our online collection viewing and reporting makes us stand out in our industry. You can see exactly what our progress is on your return checks. You are able to view images of your return checks online 24/7/365. This is a great way to train your cashiers on what to look for when accepting checks in your office. It also allows you the ability to receive your acknowledgments via email rather than wait up to ten days for the mail to arrive. This online system allows you to call back a good customer from check collections within the first 24 hours that it is assigned to our system. (What other agency allows you this type of flexibility and control?)
Tips to prevent bad checks
Please follow these guidelines before accepting a check
- Ask for proper photo identification and compare the signatures on the ID to the check. (Do not accept excuses for not having ID).
- Make sure the check is filled out and signed by the checkwriter in your presence.
- Do not accept an unsigned check.
- Do not accept checks written to another payee. Only accept those that are written to you or your business.
- Make sure the Checkwriter’s name, address and phone number are printed on the check.
Red flags areas to look for
- No photo id is available.
- Out of state checks.
- Checks with no printed information.
- Two-party or payroll checks.
How to spot a forged / counterfeit check
- There is no perforated top or side.
- Print on the check has deformations eg. Printing is faded or smeared.
- Identification does not match other information on the check.